Tuesday, August 14, 2012

current Moonlight Mountains changes and a Reboot to the game

I have done a lot of work on my project Moonlight mountains since the last post and I have a lot to talk about. But I have been updating my dev thread about it on the unity forums HERE often.

anyway first things first, I have a new vision for moonlight mountains and decided to make a huge jump. I already pretty much said everything in my recent update on my unity thread so I will just copy and paste that here since i am lazy:

//from my recent post on my unity dev thread:

              When I made the original commander moonlight and those other models I did not really have a clear idea of what I wanted moonlight mountains to be. than as I started making the levels, more and more things started to come together and a bunch of different ideas were emerging.

Now pretty much I have completed the entire game. I have been doing a lot of thinking after I remodeled the original Commander Moonlight and thought to myself that the entire game could be much better. The levels, enemies, etc they have not turned out to be exactly what I wanted them to be.

I decided that I want to make moonlight mountains all over again from the beginning. I will start a new fresh Moonlight mountains project that will be everything I wanted this original moonlight mountains to be. I think the current moonlight mountains is a great game I made and I learned so much more about unity from making it but I could of made it much better.

but what about the original project? I am not just going to abandon this one. actually I have maybe about one more scene and a half to make and then this moonlight mountains will be 100% complete. And already I have made a good amount of improvements to this version. Originally I was planning on releasing this project on Desura as a really cheap game, but now I have decided to release it for free. Im going to finish this one and have it out in perhaps the next week or so.

I have a new vision for Moonlight Mountains, so when I make the next moonlight mountains its not going to be a remake of this moonlight mountains, the gameplay will be different, it will have a different story and the entire game will be fresh. Think of this current moonlight mountains project I will release soon as the first entry in the series
this way I can get feedback on my original idea and see what I should improve/ inherit for my true moonlight mountains project

I look forward to releasing this version soon. I know the graphics are not to good but I think you will enjoy the game.

I will have more soon!

oh yeah and I have added to the name of this version of moonlight mountains. Now I call it
"Moonlight Mountains : First Discovery"



//// Back to the blog

Anyway thats what I have planned for the current moonlight mountains project and the future moonlight mountains project. Also as I mentioned in my unity post and my recent unity thread updates I have re-made the main character and I love the new design. I was going to replace the current commander moonlight with this one but than I thought if I am making a completely new moonlight mountains game I will save my new commander moonlight for that project. Here is some pics of the new Commander Moonlight, there is a huge difference and a lot of improvements:




 


here is a shadeless version for you if the others where too shiny looking :)





Now back to this current moonlight mountains project heres a couple of things that I have done since the last time I posted on my blog

+ There is now a Ammo system, the game is more challenging and is more like a survival type game now

+ Made some graphical changes to the game, some objects and enviorments look better, also the moonlight mountain bear is different now

+ Added a new type of enemy that allows you to attack multiple parts of the body, its a more advanced enemy. Heres a pic, I call it the Moon-Knight


+ and I recently have created a save/load type system to the game, im really happy about this because now the game just feels more professional :) heres a video of the save load feature in action:



Also I have uploaded a bunch of other videos for this game project recently so if you want to check them out go to my youtube channel HERE


Thats all I have for now. I will finish creating "Moonlight Mountains : First Discovery" and release it for free really soon! :)