Friday, May 30, 2014

Escape Ocean Zero Development

    
      Hey everyone. I apologize for the delay in updates. My intention was to post a new update sooner than this but then I got busy with other things. However, I am picking things up again and I have been working on my next game project, which I call "Escape Ocean Zero". I announced Escape Ocean Zero earlier this month (May 12th to be exact) but really have not given much info about it. So today I want to talk a little bit about it and where its going with its development.

First, I just want to say that I have actually been making really good progress on my new game. I already have created a whole bunch of different 3d game assets/props, I have already finished some playable levels, controls are working, ammo system is in, main character is ready, gameplay mechanics working, implemented sound effects, etc. So I have built up major parts of the game already in a pretty decent amount of time I would say.

One of my biggest goals with this specific project is to create a fun playable complete game in very little time. My initial intention was to have the entire game finished by the end of this month but then I got distracted by other non -game dev things and now I am a little behind. However, now I am back and am rapidly developing this game. My new goal is to have this game complete by the end of June or earlier. I strongly believe that I will have the project complete by the deadline I have set for myself.

In a future post I plan to get into more about the actual game, what its about, maybe have a playable demo, etc. For now though, I can't really explain it because just like all my game projects, I change a lot of things throughout the development cycle. I try an idea I originally thought of and then later when I actually put it in the game I decided that maybe I don't want to do this and so I end up making changes and so on. Its a common process to go through in game dev. So for now I am still kind of forming the game until I get it in the shape that I am satisfied with. For now I am just going show you a bunch of screenshots from the games development I took while creating it. If you follow me on twitter or seen me on the unity forums you might have already seen these screenshots but for those of you who haven't here you go!










Just keep in mind that these are not screenshots from the final game, they are only development screenshots. Anyway, that's all for now. I will go into further detail about the game later on in upcoming posts. Expect updates here on the blog soon because once again I am rapidly developing this one. I have a really good feeling about this project and am really enjoying creating it.

Thanks for reading and stay tuned. More is on the way.