Friday, May 1, 2015

Release: "The Zelda Within"




         At the beginning of April I posted about a Zelda themed game jam which is being held over at GameJolt. I also said that I would be participating in the contest. After a month of development I have created a full out 3D horror/mystery/adventure game called "The Zelda Within". It has been an awesome and productive month! This turned out to be a big project to create in a month and today (May 1st, 2015) is the final day for the gamejam. Luckily, I managed to finish on time and release the game with just a few more hours to spare. Everyone, I give you:

Game Download >>> "The Zelda Within"   <<< Game Download


Summery:

Join detective Lulu Pinkhair as you enter the strange twisted trippy dimension hidden in the mysterious motel known as "The Stock Pot Inn".  When Inn guests suddenly start disappearing, it's up to Lulu to uncover whats going on. Adventure through a mysterious non-sense world, encounter familiar characters and re-visit classic scenes in this adventure/horror/mystery thriller game!
"The Zelda Within" will leave you confused, cold, hungry and possibly rage quitting. Can you handle what lies within the "Inn"?

Screen Shots:






















This jam was by far my favorite gamejam I have ever participated in and I had so much fun creating "The Zelda Within". I have made a lot of weird games in the past. But I think this project takes the "wtf is this?" title now.

This game is full of many game references not just from "The Legend Of Zelda" series, but other games as well. If you haven't guessed it from the game title, "The Zelda Within" is heavily inspired by the popular horror game "The Evil Within". This game is full of unexpected surprises....

Can you name all of the game references?

Zelda fans, The Evil Within fans and people who play video games in general, I hope you enjoy


That's all the news I have for now. Thanks for reading. 2015 is turning out to be an awesome year!

UPDATE: 5/2/2015 - The Zelda Within now for Windows and Mac!

Windows Download




UPDATE: 5/12/2015 Post Zelda Jam and behind the scenes look